Saturday, June 26, 2010

St. Faustina: Summoned to the Judgment Seat of God

"Once I was summoned to the judgment [seat] of God. I stood alone before the Lord. Jesus appeared such as we know Him during His Passion. After a moment, His wounds disappeared except for five, those in His hands, His feet and His side. Suddenly I saw the complete condition of my soul as God sees it. I could clearly see all that is displeasing to God. I did not know that even the smallest transgressions will have to be accounted for. What a moment! Who can describe it? To stand before the Thrice-Holy God! Jesus asked me, Who are you? I answered, "I am Your servant, Lord." You are guilty of one day of fire in purgatory. I wanted to throw myself immediately into the flames of purgatory, but Jesus stopped me and said, Which do you prefer, suffer now for one day in purgatory or for a short while on earth? I replied, "Jesus, I want to suffer in purgatory, and I want to suffer also the greatest pains on earth, even if it were until the end of the world." Jesus said, One [of the two] is enough; you will go back to earth, and there you will suffer much, but not for long; you will accomplish My will and My desires, and a faithful servant of Mine will help you to do this. Now, rest your head on My bosom, on My heart, and draw from it strength and power for these sufferings, because you will find neither relief nor help nor comfort anywhere else. Know that you will have much, much to suffer, but don't let this frighten you; I am with you." (36)

~ From Divine Mercy In My Soul, The Diary of Sr. M. Faustina Kowalska ~

2 comments:

Jenny Burchett-Gough said...

What a profound testimony of God's unfathomable Divine Mercy! Praise be Jesus.

Jenny Burchett-Gough said...

What a profound testimony to God's Divine Mercy! May we all take to heart Fr. Steven Scheiers judgement experience as if it were our own. As we ponder this & look into our souls, may we all take advantage of this years Divine Mercy Suday May 1st & start the 9 day novena today April 22 Good Friday 2011 praying for each other & our world. Blessings!