Tuesday, July 27, 2010

St. Mary Magdalen de Pazzi: Value of Offering the Precious Blood of Jesus for Souls

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ
in atonement for my sins,
in supplication for the Holy Souls in Purgatory
and for the needs of holy Church.
-------
O Most Merciful Jesus, Lover of souls I pray Thee,
by the agony of Thy most Sacred Heart, and by the sorrows of Thine Immaculate Mother,
cleanse in Thine Own Blood the sinners of the whole world
who are now in their agony and who are to die this day. Amen.
-------
Heart of Jesus, once in agony, have pity on the dying.
O my God, in union with the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the altars throughout the world, joining with It the offering of my every thought, word, and action of this day.
I desire to gain every indulgence and merit I can,
offering them, together with myself, to Mary Immaculate,
whom Thou hast appointed the dispenser of the merits of Thy Precious Blood, especially by means of this Scapular [Here kiss your Brown Scapular] that she may best apply them to the interests of Thy Most Sacred Heart. Amen.

---------------
Jesus told Mary Magdalen that what pleases His Eternal Father most, moving His Heart to pity, is the offering of His Son's Blood. As Jesus softened His Father's Heart and opened the curtain that separated us from eternal life, with His Blood on the Cross, now He is once again pleading with the Father through such as Mary Magdalen. She offered Our Lord's Blood fifty times a day. In ecstasy, she saw many sinners repent and convert to the Lord, as well as a multitude of souls being released from Purgatory.

Jesus added, if this offering which commemorates His Passion can soften His Father's Heart, how much more the actual renewal of the Sacrifice of the Cross during the Sacrifice of the Mass where we are present at the Passion of Jesus! Attend Mass daily if you can.

~ Excerpt from Visions of Heaven, Hell and Purgatory by Bob & Penny Lord ~

2 comments:

Anne said...

That's really beautiful. I love your reflections with St. Pio in your previous entries. Certainly a Feast for our souls. Thank you for your Blog Ministry. I cherish and value it. I read your Blog each day and encourage others to do so.

one grateful heart said...

Thanks and God bless you, Anne, for your kind comments.