Thursday, September 23, 2010

How to Become a Spiritual Child of St. Padre Pio

"I have made a pact with the Lord: when my soul has been purified in the flames of purgatory and deemed worthy to be admitted to the presence of God, I will take my place at the gate to paradise, but I shall not enter until I have seen the last of my spiritual children enter."

~ St. Pio, from a letter to spiritual daughter Antonietta Pompilio ~

O Saint Padre Pio,
holy bearer of the Wounds of Christ,
accept us this day as your spiritual
sons and daughters and keep us
always on the narrow path
by your intercession.
And do thou, O our Spiritual Father,
stay there at the Gates of Heaven until
all of your spiritual children have entered
through, even and including us.
Through Christ our Lord,
Amen.

Dear Padre Pio, I recall your promise to the Lord, "Lord, I will stand at the gates of heaven until I see all my spiritual children have entered."

Encouraged by your gracious promise, I ask you to accept me as a spiritual child and to intercede for my prayer requests...(Here state your petitions)

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen.


The following quotes from Padre Pio tell how he looked after and loved his spiritual family:

"I love my Spiritual Children as much as my own soul, and even more."

"Once I take a soul on, I also take on their entire family as my spiritual children."

"To my Spiritual Children, my prayers for you will never be lacking."

"If one of my spiritual children ever goes astray, I shall leave my flock and seek him out."

"I shall stand at the gates of Paradise until all my spiritual children have entered."
(The Padre Pio Foundation of America)

To Join the PADRE PIO SPIRITUAL CHILD ASSOCIATION, click here. 


HAPPY FEAST DAY, ST.  PIO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the video. It is very beautiful. I will take Padre Pio's word to heart and try to live them each day.

Anonymous said...

I just said the prayer and felt something over-powerful me. St. Padre Pio is now my spiritual father. Deo Gratias!!!!